Thursday, August 19, 2021

The Summer Panic Is Ending: My Thoughts

 A month or so ago, a lot of people had become frustrated with the Summer slowdown in food delivery.  Many simply stopped doing deliveries (Or flat out quit) and went to regular W-2 jobs.  Others had nothing better to do than blane the deliver app platforms for the lower payouts and low order volume.

At the end of July, we had a (Pathetic) Dasher strike, which seemed counterproductive to me.  I mean, people complaining about low wages but instead of working that day, decided to strike by not taking orders.  Ridiculous. Supposedly, upset with the Dasher payout method, these strikers who often complain how difficult it is to make ends meet decided to make no income at all that day (Or at least eliminate one of their options by blacklisting DoorDash).  Where's the logic in that?

Which brings me to my next point.  A lot of the Summer slowdown has led to a summer panic.  This shouldn't have surprised Dashers who know better. It's always slower in the Summer.  People are out and about more, going on vacations, day trips, firing up the grill, etc...the demand for food delivery drops in the Summer.  That's just common sense.

It's the middle of August right now and I've noticed in the past week or so, the order volume increasing.  As expected.  It seems a lot of Dashers overreacted.  Which makes me wonder about the caliber of Dashers that are out there.  I personally, found the Summer slow and even though it took me a bit longer to reach my personal quota's.  I made them.  And so did a lot of other Dashers.

When it gets darker out earlier, when the kids return to school, when people start spending less time outdoors and more time indoors (Plus the new Covid Scare), volume is going to naturally increase.  We need to learn patience instead of panicking .  I don't know what some people were thinking.

It's always the DoorDash apocalypse everywhere you go on the internet.  But it's simply not true.  My advise is to stop listening to these click bait enthusiast who just want you to visit their blog, like their tweet or like their YouTube videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Non-Tippers" YOU SUCK!

Ok, first and foremost, before I get judged for sounding like I'm apathetic to the impoverished, I want you to know that at one point in...